Monday, December 06, 2010

Everywhere, No more. Good-bye Mark.

I am truly upset at the loss of Mark Dailey. That warm and friendly voice of Toronto. His sarcastic witty voice introduced me to Toronto back in 1979 when I was so nervous about moving from Montreal to Toronto. My prior experiences with the Big Smoke were not the best and I was really unsure about the decision. Mark's voice and presence on television made it a joy ever since, and I realised that Toronto did have a "Joie de vie".  His public acknowledgment of the prostate cancer, I am sure has helped many men and undoubtedly made many more aware. I am sitting here stupidly crying about a man I never met, but my heart goes out to his family, friends, colleagues and guys like me, especially at this time of the year. Mark, remember..... Your're EVERYWEHRE......